In Allah We Trust

In Allah We Trust
A New Hope

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Learn our history well. All Hail The King.




We receive this e-mail from a fellow Christian in Johor.

Dear CU4M readers,

I just want to say that I'm a proud Malaysian Christian. I was not born a Christian, but I converted to Christianity for over 20 years ago. For me Christianity is not merely another religion, but it is my way of life. I embrace the concept of God not only as the creator of man kind, but also as a guide for my every day life. Now, I tried to live my life as pure as can be, as God has wanted us to be.


20 years ago, there was a lot of sentiments against Christian converts. If you came from a Muslim family, then your struggle is much more harder than converts from other religion. I experience this first hand. That is why I've kept my religion to myself. I don't flaunt it around like some people do as I fear that it might hurt their feeling or they might hurt mine.


I believe, religion whatever you choose is a sacred relationship of you and your God. Regardless of your religion, no one can make another person do what they do not want to do. I believe that 20 years ago, and I believe it now.

As a former Muslim, I understand why Muslims are mad when Christians in Malaysia tries to use the word Allah. We have to admit that they used Allah to refer to their God hundreds of years ago even before Christianity has landed in Malaysia.

All I can see is that some of the non-Muslims politicians are capitalizing on this issue as it will guarantee them more support from the non-Muslim community. To tell you the truth, Muslims Malays are one of the kindest people that you can befriend as a Christian.

Muslims in Malaysia respect Christianity and even celebrates Christmas with all of us Christians. Try saying Merry Christmas to Jew's in places such as New York. You are going to be scolded in public. I experience this first hand.

We should cherish our relationship with the Muslims in this country.

We should also respect and acknowledge their presence as the majority race in Malaysia.

We should also respect the King and the Malay Sultans as it is with their kindness that Christianity is acknowledge as a faith in Malaysia. Can you imagine what would happen if the Malay Sultanate didn't approve Christianity to be set up in our country hundreds of years ago? Will there be a Christian minister in Malaysia as we have it now?

No matter what religion do we profess, we are still Malaysian. And as a Malaysian we must respect our King and our flag. Your PATRIOTISM should not die just because you have converted to another religion.


Moses Azeez
Kota Tinggi Johor

No comments:

Post a Comment